Chapter 1: Is there a Time Discrepancy with the Creation
Scientists tell us the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.
- Chapter One explains how the Earth can be this old without violating the scriptures.
Our Solar System determines the length of our day and the length of our year.
- Our Solar System including the sun, and the moon were created during the fourth day of creation (Genesis 1:14-19).
- Creation days one, two, and three were complete before there was a method to measure time.
- Therefore, we don’t know how long creation days one, two, or three were.
- This means the scriptures do not demand a creation day be 24-hours long.
- Which means the Earth can be 4.5 billion years old.
As mortals, we do not know or understand the creation powers of God.
- It is possible God could have accomplished the creation in six 24-hour days.
- This also means that the Earth could be less than 6,000 years old.
It really doesn’t matter how old the Earth is!
- The author is not aware of any religion that requires the believer to know the age of the Earth in order to gain salvation.
- The scriptures indicate that someday we will know all about the creation.
CLICK HERE: to read the Chapter 1 in its entirety
CLICK HERE: to download Chapter 1
CLICK HERE: to find out how to order the Book